Have you ever wanted to work for a company that genuinely values you as a person. Yes, we value your work but that isn’t the most important part of being an employer. We care about you, your family, and your world outside of work, just as much as your work life.
What you will be doing:
- You will be in charge of small planting jobs
- Assisting with large plantings
- Practicing your plant knowledge daily
- Pest/insect control and pruning of ornamental trees
- Client interaction and satisfaction
- Sodding jobs
- Spring mulching schedule
- Warranty replacements and plantings
- Responsible for a crew, planning and material tracking
- Excellent plant knowledge
- General knowledge of landscape construction
- Minimum of 3 years of landscape experience required
- Willingness to teach and learn from others
- A zeal for elimination inefficiency and the creativity to find new, improved ways to do things when a process is broken
- Strong work ethic and drive, high attention to detail, and desire for a high level of ownership
- Certifications in areas of safety and equipment operation- including WHMIS, CPR, First ID, etc.
- College Diploma, or Apprenticeship, or CHT, or University degree in Horticulture of Landscape Technology is required
Perks of the Landscaping Job
- Coffee… lots of coffee, we have our kitchen loaded with different flavours of coffee just begging to be brewed
- Freezies. Every colour, and always refreshing.
- Monthly staff parties. You worked hard, you deserve to be treated to BBQ’s, delicious appetizers/dinners on the patio of Mill Creek Pub, WPL baseball games …. you name it!
- Huge year-end bash where we wine and dine you and your significant other!
- Imagine: a rainy morning where everyone is ready to call it a rain day and your managers say “Breakfast, my treat!” Yumm.
- Amazing profit sharing program, with monthly financial updates so you know how well the company is really doing.
- Company cell phones loaded with our own apps to track material and hours! Yes that is right, no loose papers all over your truck. It’s all in your brand new phone!
- Spanish words of the week – Why not learn another language at work?
- All new management systems in place, we are building this company to grow. 10 years from now you can say “I remember when we all fit at 23 Commerce”
- Golden Advice from Lorraine: “Alone we are strong but together we are unstoppable.”
- Competitive wage and benefit program