Welcome to Whispering Pines– we are a destination company that truly care about our employees. This job would provide year round work – with snow removal during the winter months. Visit our website to learn more about why we are growing so quickly! Below is a few points about whychoose WPL!
Why we are your destination company:
- Coffee… lots of coffee, we have our kitchen loaded with different flavours of coffee just begging to be brewed
- Freezies. Every colour, and always refreshing.
- Monthly staff parties. You worked hard, you deserve to be treated to BBQ’s, delicious appetizers/dinners on the patio of Mill Creek Pub, WPL baseball games …. you name it!
- Huge year-end bash where we wine and dine you and your significant other!
- Imagine: a rainy morning where everyone is ready to call it a rain day and your managers say “Breakfast, my treat!” Yumm.
- Amazing profit sharing program, with monthly financial updates so you know how well the company is really doing.
- Company cell phones loaded with our own apps to track material and hours! Yes that is right, no loose papers all over your truck. It’s all in your brand new phone!
- All new management systems in place, we are building this company to grow. 10 years from now you can say “I remember when we all fit at 23 Commerce”
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist foreman in organizing day-to-day site activities
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of landscape materials
- Client interaction and satisfaction
- Help keep equipment and truck maintained and organized
- Safe operation of all tools and equipment
- Assist with paperwork including timecards and accounting for on-site materials used
- Sales Assist
Results (measure of success):
- Projects are completed on schedule and exceed client’s expectations
- Minimize accidents
- Minimal down time for equipment
- Daily profit
- Minimal complaints
- Paperwork accurate and timely
- Increased upsales and cross-selling between divisions
- Ability to provide training and instruction to others in the safe operation of equipment regularly used in the landscape field, such as skidsteers, chainsaws, and stone saws.
- Excellent knowledge of hard and soft landscape materials.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to teach and learn from others
- A minimum of 3 years landscape construction experience
- Certifications in areas of safety and equipment operation – including WHMIS, CPR, First AID, etc.
- College Diploma, Apprenticeship, CHT, University degree in Horticulture or Landscape Technology an asset.
- Minimum Starting Wage of $18.00/hour
- Maximum wage of $25.00/hour
- Employees having training including CHT, College Diploma, Completion of an Apprenticeship Program or a University Degree all in related fields may be eligible for a higher rate of pay.
- For additional benefits please see the Employee Handbook.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour