Welcome to Whispering Pines– we are a destination company that truly care about our employees. This job would provide year round work – with snow removal during the winter months. Visit our website to learn more about why we are growing so quickly! Below is a few points about why choose WPL!
Why we are your destination company:
- Coffee… lots of coffee, we have our kitchen loaded with different flavours of coffee just begging to be brewed
- Freezies. Every colour, and always refreshing.
- Monthly staff parties. You worked hard, you deserve to be treated to BBQ’s, delicious appetizers/dinners on the patio of Mill Creek Pub, WPL baseball games …. you name it!
- Huge year-end bash where we wine and dine you and your significant other!
- Imagine: a rainy morning where everyone is ready to call it a rain day and your managers say “Breakfast, my treat!” Yumm.
- Amazing profit sharing program, with monthly financial updates so you know how well the company is really doing.
- Company cell phones loaded with our own apps to track material and hours! Yes that is right, no loose papers all over your truck. It’s all in your brand new phone!
- All new management systems in place, we are building this company to grow. 10 years from now you can say “I remember when we all fit at 23 Commerce”
We are growing, and are recruiting for a Gardening Labourer!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist supervisor is preparing for day-to-day site activities
- Demonstrate competency with equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant material and garden maintenance practices
- Some client interaction and satisfaction
- Provide physical labour which will involve some heavy lifting
- Ensure that tools are maintained, returned to their proper locations and stored securely when travelling
- Safe operation of all tools and equipment
- Sales Assist
Results (measure of success):
- Properties are efficiently maintained and exceed client’s expectations
- Minimize accidents
- Minimal down time for equipment
- Daily profit
- Minimal complaints
- Increased upsales and cross-selling between divisions
- Good knowledge of best garden maintenance practices.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn from others
- Able to operate or learn to operate equipment such as blowers and weed trimmers.
- Able and willing to follow detailed instructions.
- Experience an asset.
- Certifications in areas of safety and equipment operation – including WHMIS, CPR, First AID, etc.
- College Diploma, Apprenticeship, CHT, University degree in Horticulture or Landscape Technology an asset.
- Minimum Starting Wage of $15.00/hour
- Maximum wage of $19.00/hour
- Employees having training including CHT, College Diploma, Completion of an Apprenticeship Program or a University Degree all in related fields may be eligible for a higher rate of pay.
- For additional benefits please see the Employee Handbook.
Job Type: Full-time