This position would be a year round position, with snow removal services in the Winter season. Position start date would be mid-end of August.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Assist Crew Leader is preparing for day-to-day site activities
· Demonstrate competency with equipment
· Demonstrate knowledge of plant material and garden maintenance practices
· Some client interaction and satisfaction
· Provide physical labour which will involve some heavy lifting
· Ensure that tools are maintained, returned to their proper locations and stored securely when travelling
· Safe operation of all tools and equipment
· Sales Assist
· Snow removal during Winter season
· Knowledge of best garden maintenance practices.
· Interpersonal and organizational skills
· Willingness to learn from others
· Able to operate or learn to operate equipment such as blowers and weed trimmers.
· Able and willing to follow detailed instructions
· Certifications in areas of safety and equipment operation
· College Diploma, Apprenticeship, CHT, University degree in Horticulture or Landscape Technology an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour